FEDC Legislative Priorities
Advance Florida’s competitiveness by promoting sound economic development programs and policy. FEDC promotes positions on economic development issues to be considered during the state’s annual legislative session.
FEDC Chair, Crystal Stiles wrote an important op-ed for the Herald-Tribune about “Why We Still Need Economic Development“. Be sure to read her insightful commentary.
2019 Legislative Session Dates
- August 1, 2018, Deadline for filing claim bills (Rule 4.81(2))
- January 25, 2019, Friday, 5:00 p.m., deadline for submitting requests for drafts of general
bills and joint resolutions, including requests for companion bills
- March 1, 2019, Friday, 5:00 p.m., deadline for approving final drafts of general bills and joint resolutions, including companion bills
- March 5, 2019, Regular Session convenes (Article III, section 3(b), Constitution) 12:00 noon, deadline for filing bills for introduction (Rule 3.7(1))
- April 20, 2019, All bills are immediately certified (Rule 6.8)
- Motion to reconsider made and considered the same day (Rule 6.4(4)) April 23, 2019, 50th day—last day for regularly scheduled committee meetings (Rule 2.9(2))
- May 3, 2019, 60th day—last day of Regular Session (Article III, section 3(d), Constitution)
Since 1964, the Florida Economic Development Council has promoted economic development throughout the state of Florida. Today we are its primary resource for developing economic development professionals, issues education, networking, and recognition of excellence among members of the profession. 500+ professionals count on FEDC to educate, advocate, and connect on their behalf.