FEDC Legislative Priorities
Advance Florida’s competitiveness by promoting sound economic development programs and policy. FEDC promotes positions on economic development issues to be considered during the state’s annual legislative session.
2018 Legislative Session Dates
- August 1, 2017 – Deadline for filing claim bills (Rule 4.81(2))
- September 11, 2017 – First week of committee meetings
- January 9, 2018 – Regular Session convenes at 12:00 PM; Also deadline for filing bills for introduction.
- February 24, 2018 – All bills are immediately certified. Motion to reconsider made and considered the same day.
- February 27, 2018 – 50th day – last day for regularly scheduled committee meetings
- March 9, 2018 – 60th day – last day of Regular Session
Since 1964, the Florida Economic Development Council has promoted economic development throughout the state of Florida. Today we are its primary resource for developing economic development professionals, issues education, networking, and recognition of excellence among members of the profession. 500+ professionals count on FEDC to educate, advocate, and connect on their behalf.